Construction starts on Lightbox at MediaCityUK
The next exciting phase of construction at MediaCityUK, one of the country’s largest media and technology hubs, is starting with new, luxury residential apartment scheme, Lightbox.
The £35 million development comprising 238 apartments over 19 storeys is situated directly on MediaCityUK’s waterfront, offering stunning views over Salford Quays, Coronation Street and the Manchester skyline. Construction is commencing at the end of April.
Designed by AHR, Lightbox will see the creation of luxury studio, one, two and three bed apartments, available for private sale.
Bouygues UK has been appointed by MediaCityUK to deliver construction for Lightbox.
Stephen Wild, Managing Director of MediaCityUK said: “We are very proud of what we have achieved here at MediaCityUK so far, and Lightbox will bring a new residential community to what is already a thriving and vibrant destination.”
“Located in the heart of MediaCityUK. with panoramic waterfront views, easy access to all retail and restaurants, and more still to come, this is an incredibly exciting place to live. Keen interest in Lightbox has reflected this since we took it to market in 2016 and we look forward to working with Bouygues UK to deliver this project.”
Craig Tatton, Chief Operating Officer at Bouygues UK said: “Securing this scheme in the North West is a fantastic achievement and Lightbox is an exciting project. Greater Manchester is a core focus for us as we look to apply the technical expertise we have as part of the wider Bouygues group to major projects where we can add value.”
“As well as providing high-quality new homes and regenerating land, we are committed to delivering the maximum benefit to the community by engaging with local suppliers, residents and community groups.”
Internally, Lightbox will feature high specification contemporary styled kitchens, bathrooms, appliances and flooring. This light, airy and sophisticated building will also include a full concierge service, car parking spaces to rent as well as bicycle storage facilities.
Completion of the scheme is anticipated for the first quarter of 2019.
For further information on availability and pricing please email Lightbox@mediacityuk.co.uk or call 0161 238 7404.
About Lightbox and MediaCityUK
Lightbox is a new residential scheme at MediaCityUK featuring 238 apartments made up of one, two and three bed apartments which are now available to buy off plan.
MediaCityUK is a joint venture between Peel Media and Legal and General Capital. The development is home to BBC North, ITV, Coronation Street, SIS LIVE, the University of Salford, dock10 and over 250 smaller creative and tech businesses.
W: www.mediacityuk.co.uk T: @MediaCityUK
For press enquiries about MediaCityUK, please contact PR manager, Niamh McKenna:
T. +44 161 886 5321 / M. +44 7588 900298
About Bouygues UK
• Bouygues UK is one of the country’s leading construction companies.
• It focuses on sectors where it can add value through the technical expertise, skills and experience of Bouygues UK and the wider global Bouygues Group. These include residential (including social housing, the private rented sector, private for sale homes, mixed-use, care homes and student accommodation); and education (ranging from nursery schools through to higher education) as well as technically complex projects across sectors where the company’s expertise can be maximised.
• Bouygues UK provides intelligent management throughout the entire life-cycle of each project, delivering efficiently and to an excellent standard.
• Bouygues UK combines a local focus with international strength and expertise: the company is wholly owned by Bouygues Bâtiment International, a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, a global player in construction and services.
• In 2016, Bouygues Construction and its 50,100 employees generated sales of €11.8 billion.
For press enquiries about Bouygues UK, please contact communications manager, Sasha Saville:
T. +44 121 399 0460 / M. +44 7968 512968