Apprentices & Trainees
“The team I’m working with gives me the same level of a responsibility that a site manager would usually have, and they trust me to manage and succeed with tasks needed to finish the project. Their support and backing really gives me confidence and it is great preparation for my future role. I feel very valued.”
Our apprentice/trainee programme is for those individuals who wish to study an academic qualification on a part time basis whilst working.
We offer numerous schemes, anywhere from a Level 3 BTech in Business Administration to a degree in Civil Engineering.
The length of the programme depends on the level of qualification you are enrolled onto, but is typically between two and five years.
The trainee programme gives you the hands-on experience and in-house support with the opportunity to study for a recognised qualification through a college or university, whilst also supporting your route to chartership.
Eligibility differs from scheme to scheme, the standard requirements applicable to all schemes is five GSCEs grades 9-4 including Maths and English.
The application process
- Apply online via our website by submitting an up-to-date CV and cover letter
- If your application is successful you will be invited to a telephone interview, giving you the opportunity to talk about your application in further detail and your motivation for the role
- If this is successful you will be asked to complete some online psychometric tests
- You will then be invited to attend one of our assessment centres
- If you perform well in the assessment, we will invite you for a final stage interview with your potential line manager, which will also provide you with an opportunity to meet the team and find out more about your role and responsibilities
- If the final interview goes well we will make you a formal offer to join us