2025 OUR COMMITMENT
Bouygues UK is supporting the Construction Leadership Council by engaging with bodies across the industry, taking ownership
for our own actions to drive construction 2025.
By sharing our global strength and local focus we are committed to Shaping a Better Life in the UK.
PEOPLE – As a company known for its talented and diverse workforce we are:
- Ensuring health and safety is our top priority. Our vision is for only one Lost Time Accident (LTA) in two million man hours by 2015 and zero Lost Time Accidents (LTA) by 2018.
- Championing the Considerate Constructors Scheme, Associate Membership. As a 2013 Gold award winner, Penarth Learning Community exemplifies our approach to employment and skills and community engagement, and was acknowledged as one of the UK’s most ‘Considerate Sites’.
- Working with and inspiring young people, from nursery through to further and higher education, about the opportunities offered by a career in construction. Awarded a national Business in the Community (BITC) Award in the Education category for our ‘WeCan STEM Challenge’. Over 50 graduates recruited onto our graduate programme over the last two years; currently over 60 undergraduate/trainees placed on work experience programmes.
- Endorsing the CITB’s client based approach to training and apprenticeships: we have Skills and Employment Centres, accredited by the National Skills Academy for Construction; are a member of the CITB Skills Academies; and support Y Prentis (a shared apprenticeship programme sponsored by Construction Skills and the Welsh Government).
- Encouraging diversity: Our cultural awareness programme is an integral part of our corporate induction and we have an in-house women’s network, WeLink UK.
- Supporting employees to plan their careers. Programme of in-house CPD seminars and training to exchange knowledge and ideas with colleagues across the 80 countries in which we operate.
- Promoting initiatives to reinvigorate the image of construction, including Open Doors and STEMNET.
SMART – As a company that is efficient and technologically advanced, we are:
- Making buildings more productive. Virtual and augmented reality helps our clients visualise their new building, so designs can be adapted before construction starts.
- Advancing SMART construction through BIM, modular and pre-assembled solutions. The introduction of our INOVPAC scheme in the UK will streamline our house building process.
- Extending the use of BIM across our business to achieve and exceed Level 2 BIM maturity by 2016, as defined in the Government’s BIM strategy.
- Collaborating with our clients, consultants and supply chain to develop BIM projects.
- Investing over £16m a year* in research and innovation.
(* Figure for Bouygues Construction)
- Encouraging innovation through our global annual competition.
Working collaboratively on research and development projects with academic and research communities.
- Focussing on harnessing the total capability of the supply chain by a process of integration of the key trades to achieve value for money.
- Supporting Government standards and waste reduction using Constructionline and SIPP to prequalify our supply chain.
- Demonstrating our commitment to promoting digital modelling and BIM with our ‘Building Before Building’ publication. Ten current research and development projects devoted to these topics being rolled out to sites.
- Driving innovation in the UK by bringing together technical and engineering expertise from our worldwide talent pool.
- Embedding the Government’s soft landing programme within our business so the transition from construction to occupation is smooth and building performance optimised.
SUSTAINABLE – As a company that leads in low-carbon and green construction, we are:
- Driving localism: Investment in local knowledge, spend, employment, engagement and training, leaving a lasting legacy and a positive footprint in the communities in which we work. Member of Business in the Community.
- Supporting the Buy Social Directory, driving spend on goods and services within local communities.
- Supporting the Grown in Britain campaign to create a stronger market for products derived from UK woodlands and forests.
- Committing to long-term monitoring of energy consumption through Energy Performance Contracts (EPC) and Energy Performance Guarantees (EPG).
- Experts in green construction. We have completed three Passivhaus schools and are constructing the first phase of a True Zero-carbon multi-residential project which is targeting BREEAM 2011 New Construction Outstanding rating.
- Leading by example: our global headquarters, Challenger, showcases the very latest technologies and was awarded BREEAM International Outstanding under Europe Commercial 2009 Offices and BREEAM Award 2013, International Project, Ecobuild.
- Developing and driving our internal pro-environmental initiatives Green Site Office and Ecosite.
GROWTH – As a company that drives growth across the entire economy, we are:
- Promoting good payment practices with our supply chain, a signatory of the Prompt Payment Code (PPC).
- Developing the services and skills of our local supply chain through repeat business.
- Using our financial strengths to provide innovative project finance solutions to Get Britain Building.
- Driving national and international investment into the UK. Member of 12 active Local Enterprise Partnerships.
LEADERSHIP – An industry with clear leadership from the Construction Leadership Council, we are:
- Supporting the Construction Leadership Council by engaging with bodies across the industry, including UKCG, CBI and Constructing Excellence, to take ownership for actions to drive ‘Construction 2025’.
You can also view this as a pdf. Construction 2025_Bouygues UK Statement Plan